Saturday, July 23, 2011

Isaiah 35:4

"RESCUED"


Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."  Isn't it wonderful to know that you have a Savior who will fight for you, stand up for you, send innumerable angels to protect you, and you will be safe; you will be "Rescued!"

In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God;
we trusted in him, and he saved us.  This is the
LORD; we trust in him, let us rejoice and be
glad in his salvation." 
(Isaiah 25:9)

"In that day" could be today; every day is the Day of Salvation!  The Lord God, Jesus Christ, is a very present help in times of trouble.  "The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." (Psalm 9:9)  The definition of a "stronghold" is a place that is fortified or that can be easily defended.  Those who belong to the Lord, who are called by His name, who serve Him with gladness and walk in His statutes, who are filled with His Spirit, and who look for His coming  ...  can expect His love, His protection, His mighty hand of vengeance against anyone who attempts to destroy His own!  Even as a man defends his own family, so the LORD defends His children!

"But I will sing of your strength; in the morning, I
will sing of your love; for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble."
(Psalm 59:16)

When you begin to sing praises to the Lord, Guess what?  The angels join in; they can't help it!  They were created to worship a Holy omnipotent God and they are naturally drawn to anyone praising the Lord Jesus Christ.  So, if you want angels around, sing your praises; sing in the desert, sing in the rain, sing in the bad times, sing in the good times, sing when you're weary, sing when you're glad, sing when you're poor, sing when you have an ample abundance, sing in prison, sing in the flood, sing in the fire, SING!  You say, "How can I sing in the middle of all this that's happened to me?"  In the worst of times in my life, the LORD told me to sing  ... and I did; it was weak and feeble, filled with tears, shakey and off key, but He received it, and sent back such a presence of His Spirit that I cannot describe it!  No, He didn't take away the storm, but He carried me through it!  

"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out
your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.  Selah
(Psalm 62:8)

"Selah" means to pause and praise.  It's mentioned 71 times in Psalms alone.  I say, "Hey President, Selah!  Hey, Congress, Selah!  Hey America and the world, Selah!  It wouldn't hurt a soul on planet earth to lift their hands and "SELAH!" 

"The LORD is near to all who call on him, 
to all who call on him in truth."
(Psalm 145:18)

This means He is near to all those who worship Him as the true God, those with a sincere and upright heart, and those who seek His salvation.  The Book of Lamentations 3:57 says, You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear."  Nobody whispers sweet peace like our lovely LORD Jesus Christ; underneath are His everlasting arms; He's as close as the mention of His name   ...  Jesus!  The LORD wants to ease your burdens, make a way where there is no way, calm your fears, and give you peace! 

"The LORD is far from the wicked but
he hears the prayer of the righteous."
(Proverbs 15:29)

It's a small, but vastly important, step to come to the Lord Jesus Christ.  He's been waiting for you, you know!  You say, "Me?"  Yes, you!  He loves you with an everlasting love, all you have to do is repent of all of your sins, be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost and speak with tongues as the Spirit of God enters your body.  (Acts 2:38; Acts 10; Acts 19)  

Please pray with me:  "Lord Jesus, I don't know much about you, but I'm tired of living with guilt, shame, and always feeling so alone and I'm just miserable.  I don't have happiness or Joy; I really want to feel that.  Please forgive me of everything in my life that has been wrong; I will turn around and walk the right way.  I will be baptized in your name; please fill me now with your Spirit!  I will live for you all of my life; I will read the Bible, and I will live a life that is pleasing to you.  Amen and Amen!

If you received the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues after praying this prayer, please contact promiselandchurch.net and tell them!  We're so happy for you, and we will help with materials and guidance for your new walk with Jesus Christ!

What the world needs now is Love, sweet Love; that's the only thing that there's just so little of  ...  as the song goes.  The only pure Love; the only Love that will never leave you nor forsake you, is the Love of the LORD Jesus Christ!  He will help you with everything in your life, but first, you know what you have to do, if you haven't yet prayed to be saved   ...  Call upon Him while there's still time  ...  and be saved, be lifted out of the world's mire and placed on heaven's rolls  ...  Jesus Christ will meet you on the road you're on; do it!  ...  Reach out to the One who reaches out to you  ...  Be "Rescued!" 

(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment