Saturday, July 9, 2011

Acts 8:26

"Where You Are"


"And the Angel of the Lord spake unto Phillip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem to Gaza, which is desert."  Phillip was sent to witness to an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship.  He was returning and sitting in his chariot reading the Prophet Isaiah.  And, the Spirit told Phillip to run and join the chariot, which he did, and he asked the Ethiopian, "Do you understand what you are reading?"  Phillip explained to the man about Jesus Christ, and he was sent by God to do this, and to minister to this hungry soul.  He came to where he was.   

Have you ever wondered if the Lord knows what you're going through, and if He even cares?  He "Cares!"  He cares so much for you that He was beaten, spit upon, cursed, mocked, nailed to a cross, bled, died, and rose again  ... Why?  For YOU!  He loves you and yes, He knows everything you feel; He sees the tears and He longs to touch you, bless you, comfort you, and heal you.  The Lord Jesus Christ will meet you "Where You Are."


No matter where you are in the world, the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ will come to you  ... but He is a gentleman; you have to ask Him in; He will not overtake you without your consent.  When Phillip asked the Ethiopian if He understood the scriptures he was reading; the Ethiopian said "How could I?" He then invited Phillip to come up into the chariot and explain it to him.  

The Spirit of the Lord will fill you, and then lead and guide you into all truth.  "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."  (Psalm 34:18)  The Lord Jesus Christ will meet you where you are; maybe you have received a terrible diagnosis, or your marriage is in serious trouble, your children are wayward or sick, or you have no money and you don't know what to do.  The Lord is just a whisper away, Jesus!  Jesus!  

Prayer Changes things!  Where are you?  What is your situation?  What are your cares and needs?  I would like to pray with you now; would you join me?  "Lord Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, every sin I have ever committed in my life.  Cleanse me of all unrighteousness and wash me in Your blood.  I ask You to be my Savior, to guide me, heal me, protect me, and I will serve you all the days of my life.  Fill me with the Holy Ghost and I will speak with tongues and glorify You.  I will be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and I surrender everything I am to You.  Help me to be all you want me to be and I will be a witness for you.  Thank you, Lord; I praise You and worship You with all of my heart, soul, mind, body and strength.  Amen

I pray a blessing on you now:  Lord Jesus, bless this dear soul with Your Spirit, Your everlasting love, Your comfort and peace, and heal all disease and infirmities; bless the family; heal all of the sicknesses and repair every breach in marriage, in relationships, in finance, in work, and in the home.  Let this precious one prosper and be in health even as the soul prospers.  Underneath are Your everlasting arms!  Thank You, Lord Jesus.  Amen and Amen.

Jesus Christ our Lord meets you "Where You Are!"





                                  (Visit promiselandchurch.net and thexperience238.com.
                                                   PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment