Monday, December 2, 2019

"So ... SING!"

"And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and
sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them."
(Acts 16:25)

"But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker,
who gives songs in the night."
(Job 35:10)



The Apostle Paul and Silas were in prison, "Singing."  In one of the worst times of my life, the Lord wanted me to sing; I had a respiratory infection; I had hurt my back and I was in terrible pain; we were going through grand jury trials to prosecute someone for a crime done against my family  ...  and the Lord said to me, "Sing."  I could barely breathe, literally!  Furthermore, He wanted me to sing the chorus, "This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it."  I did it  ...  and I have just one thing to say to you  ...  you're in deep trouble, marriage problems, national unrest in your country, financial trouble, disease and sickness, pain and trauma  ...  Hey, we've all been there; man is of a few days and full of trouble.  Paul did it; I did it; others did it; you can do it  ...  "So  ...  SING!" 

But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy
mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence
 and refuge in the day of my trouble."
(Psalm 59:16)

"What good will it do for me to sing?" you ask.  It's simple; the wicked howl, but we, the children of the King, will sing.  Worship brings the presence of God.  He didn't say you have to have a good voice; it's a matter of the heart, a posture of praise, a position of surrendering and offering ourselves up to the One who does all things well!  During that calamity I stated above, I sang, and when I did, the victory came.  The trials didn't stop, but the man was convicted; we were given the strength to endure; the presence of the Lord was surrounding us, holding us, and comforting us  ...  through it.  The song is the declaration of your soul that you trust the Creator who made you; the song brings a release in the Spirit; the song looses angels and defeats devils; the song floats in wafty lilts to the ears of the One who holds all the answers  ...  Ah, the song  ...  try it  ...

Psalm 59:16 ~ From the Treasury of David

"When those lovers of darkness find their game is up, and their midnight howlings
die away, then will I lift up my voice on high and praise the lovingkindness of God
without fear of being disturbed. What a blessed morning will soon break for the righteous,
 and what a song will be theirs! Sons of the morning, ye may sigh to-night, but joy
will come on the wings of the rising sun, Tune your harps even now, for the signal to
commence the eternal music will soon be given; the morning cometh and your sun shall
go no more down for ever."

Beautiful, isn't it?  David gained strength from his song, and we gain strength from our song.  Sing, children, sing, for your sun will shine again; your joy will arise with newness in its wings; your peace will return like a gentle moonlit night; your hope will mount up on the promises of God's Word.  The Angels of our God arrive when the Holies resound; atmospheres change when the Holy One is exalted; power is extended when praise becomes ordained strength; all of heaven stands at attention when the Holy Creator is hallowed; the stresses of your soul are soothed by the praises of your mouth  ...  Sing!

"Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength;
we will sing and praise your might."
(Psalm 21:13)



Ephesians 5:19 says, "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord."  Have you ever made up a song to the Lord?  Huh?  He loves that!  Why?  Because it's uniquely YOU.  It is an offering only You can give, a praise from your own heart, an incense from your spirit to God's Spirit that no one else in the entire world can give Him  ...  He loves it.  You say, "I'm going through terrible things; I just don't have it in me to sing a song."  I hear you, but try it; dig deep within you and   ...  do it.

"I've got all these problems."  "I've never cried so much in my life."  "My family is torn apart."  "There's war all around me."  "My husband/wife left me."  "My teenager has run away."  "Drugs are killing me."  "My finances are in ruins."  ...  So  ...  SING!



(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.org)





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas
Services Sunday 10:30 am and Wednesday 7:15 pm
~~~~~~~Live Streaming~~~~~~~

God bless you; please send us your prayer
needs, and if you would like to sow seed in good 
holy, fertile ground, please give a love offering 
@ promiselandchurch.net.  The Lord will bless
you abundantly!  May His love enfold you!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



















PromiseLand Church!
We're Singing at Midnight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Special thanks to cooltext.com for the use of
graphic text generator} 

No comments:

Post a Comment