Friday, September 21, 2018

"Peace That Passes All Understanding"



"Afterward {Jesus} journeyed from one town and village to another, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God.  Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out..."
(Luke 8:1-3) 


Mary Magdalene



What is Peace?  Mary Magdalene can tell you all about it?  I'm talking about something that is beyond feelin' calm, chillin' out, havin' a serene soothing moment  ...   No, this is something that only God can give and it's beyond this world; it's supernatural; it's a Spiritual "peace" that only comes from heavenly places in the Lord.  Mary was possessed with seven devils, and when Jesus Christ our Lord delivered her, she went to that place beyond understanding.  Imagine the torment she had endured, the continual tearing, growling, screaming of her mind, body, soul and spirit; then, suddenly, when Jesus touched her  ...  PEACE!




Are you in the middle of the worst storm of your life?  Debt? Divorce or marital problems?  Trouble with teens?  Diseases or Infirmities?  A terrible diagnosis?  Foreclosure?  Pain?  No where to turn?  Heartache beyond comprehension?  No job?  Unbearable job that you feel you can't leave without another job you can step into?  Been there, done that!  "Which one?" you ask.  "E" all of the above!  How do we cope?  The Bible says, "Let this mind be in us which was also in Christ Jesus."  When that "peace" comes, it's like the mind of Christ has entered us  ...


I was in a job that was unbearable; and the owner was verbally abusive and demeaning to me continually.  I dreaded going to work every day, but as a Christian, I felt I couldn't just quit, because I had witnessed to, and brought several people that I worked with there, to Church.  Besides, I had worked for the State for almost 40 years and then retired; I was not one who quit jobs, and this was a job I really needed to supplement my retirement income.  Finally, one day, it was particularly bad, and I was crying at my desk, which was not something I do.  My daughter called; I told her what was going on, and I thought she would say, "You can make it; hang in there, Mom, it will be ok," but she said, "GET YOUR PURSE, AND GET OUT OF THERE!"  So, I did it; I got my purse and headed out the door to the parking lot, without a word to anyone.  The moment my feet hit the parking lot, the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "Keep walking and don't look back." 

Then it hit!  What?  The most astounding thing I could have ever imagined.  Financially, I was in trouble, and for nine more months until I found another job, I stayed in trouble to a degree, BUT, I experienced that "peace that passes all understanding."  A miraculous calm settled over me and remained for almost ten months; I couldn't explain it; it was definitely something I had never known.  No, the financial problems didn't disappear; no, the need for another job didn't go away, but I made it, somehow with God's help, and I never had a single "fret" that whole time.  That has never happened since or before.  It was something God gave me for that special time in my life.  To me, it was a perfect example of what it feels like to be "in His perfect Will."  He has healed me, comforted me, supplied my needs in miraculous ways, many times over the years, but that was the only time I have ever experienced that "unbelievable peace." 
  

Mary Magdalene


It's no wonder that the now delivered and "peaceful" Mary Magdalene was there at the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the last to leave; she was the first to come to the tomb where Jesus was buried, and the first to discover the stone rolled away;and she was the first one to whom Jesus Christ appeared after He had risen.  Jesus Christ had Mary Magdalene on His hands; she would never forget what her Lord had done for her; she was not about to dismiss the miracle He had given her; she would forever be beholden to the Holy One, the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave her "peace."  

Mary Magdalene


Maybe today is Your day!  Maybe you're tired of carrying the burdens yourself; maybe you long for some peace, and especially that "peace that passes all understanding."  Jesus Christ is as close as the whisper of His name  ...  Call out to Him; and "Let Go, and Let God;" He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Peace, like a river will flood your soul, you'll study war no more  ...


If you have never been filled with His Spirit; ask Him to forgive your sins and fill you with the Holy Ghost; you will speak in a language you never learned.  It's a promise; over 580 million and counting have been filled; He will fill you too!  Be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.  If you were sprinkled as a child, or baptized any other way, consider being rebaptized with the "name of the Lord Jesus Christ" being said over you.  You say, "Is all this necessary?"  Absolutely, it is obedience to the Word of God (Acts 2:38; Acts 8; Acts 10; Acts 19) And, we must ask ourselves; what is the price of peace?  The price has been paid by Jesus Christ; we need only obey Him and His Word.







It's a panoramic Garden of Eden, an ethereal walking among the billowing wispy clouds, a place of scented roses and calm beyond all reason; it's out of this world and something that oozes the auspices of unknown love; it feels as though you have entered another dimension and the world around you is only a scene of beauty; it's "Peace That Passes All Understanding;"  it's found only in the Lord Jesus Christ, and He's waiting for YOU  ... 



                                  


                 (Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.)



PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas
Services Sundays 10:30 am and Wednesdays 7:15 pm
~~~~~~~~~Live Streaming~~~~~~~~~

God bless you for joining us in worship!  Please send us your
prayer requests, and if you would like to sow seed into holy ground,
you may give a love offering online @ promiselandchurch.net. 
Thank you, and may the Lord's blessings be yours
during this season of celebration of the Lord Jesus Christ's birth!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 



{Special thanks to cooltext.com for the use of
graphic text generator} 

No comments:

Post a Comment