Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Field Hands"

"Field Hands"


The very heart of Jesus Christ our Lord: "Then saith he unto his disciples, the harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few."  (Matthew 9:37)  It's harvest time!  "...I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields!  They are ripe for the harvest."  (John 4:35)  God is looking for some people to bring in His harvest; He's looking in every Nation, kindred and tongue, to find people who will join in unity and work in the fields.  He just needs some "Field Hands!"

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the
proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
(Galatians 6:9)

Lots of things happen if we don't give up!  It's the panting, sweaty, thirsty, steady runner who wins the race.  We're in the race of our lives now; it seems the economy gets worse every day; even the early morning temperature is hot, no rain; at least that's how it is in Texas; the prices of everything are rising; the disasters are increasing; our stresses are intensifying; why in the world is all of this happening?  It's Harvest time! 

Harvest time is when the crops are ripe and ready.  The souls of men "are" ripe and ready, because they're seeing that this old world is not a guarantee.  Rivers flood; hurricanes happen; neighborhoods burn; tornados come; jobs are lost; and it's all because we live in a fallen world.  The only thing we can count on is the ONE who saves our souls and is coming back to take us out of this earthly destruction.  The Joy of living is in the knowledge of knowing the Lord Jesus Christ lives within us.  He makes life joyful, peaceful, and exciting, no matter what we have to face!  You say, "What?  Life is exciting in the middle of all of this chaos and turmoil?"  Oh, Yes! The Lord Jesus Christ makes everything beautiful in its time!

The Harvest!

How do we know it's harvest time?  Everybody is looking for peace, joy, love, kindness, happiness, and hope!  The people of planet earth will only find the totality of those things in the Lord Jesus Christ.  So, they're reaching, searching, seeking, and frantically looking for answers, help, and guidance.  This is where the Lord says, "Go forth, Zion, and gather in the sheaves; bring my children home; gather my little lambs, and lay them at My feet."  It's Harvest time! 


                                    
"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, and 
saves those who are crushed in spirit."
(Psalm 34:18)


 Maybe you're reading this and your spirit is crushed; your heart has a gash as big as the Grand Canyon, and you don't know where to turn or what to do.  The Lord Jesus is close to you right now; He wants to hold you, comfort you, and give you peace.  Peace is being able to sleep at night, without tears splashing in loud thumps upon your pillow.  Peace is knowing you can make it, and that no matter "what else" happens, you have an assurance that Almighty God is with you and taking care of you.  He has many resources; He owns the cattle on a thousand hills! 

Would you pray with me?  Lord Jesus, I don't know where to turn; I was feeling like I wanted to end it all.  Please help me; I know now I can't make it without You.  Please forgive me of my sins; fill me with Your Spirit; as I pray and worship You, I will speak in another language I never learned as Your Spirit enters my body.  This is the Holy Ghost You promised to all who repent and come to You.  I will be baptized in Your name and I will be a witness for You.  Please give me peace, joy and love, I pray.  Amen.  (If you prayed this prayer with me, please go to promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com for materials you can download to help and guide you.  We love you 24 hours a day!) 

The world is hungry, thirsty, tired and they have no answers.  That's how we know it's Harvest time.  The Lord Jesus Christ is the answer; He will carry us through the storms, and He gives us an abundance of strength to face tomorrow.  He IS Peace personified, Joy unspeakable, Power positively, Kindness in keeping, Love longlasting, Mercy moreover, and He IS LORD forevermore!

We are engaged in the most honorable profession of all  ...  we are the Lord's "Field Hands!"


(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment