Sunday, September 18, 2011

Call To Me!

Call To Me!

So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den.  The king said to Daniel, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"  The question to this world of total unrest, tumult, war, and rumors of wars, is:  Who's gonna' rescue you?  Who are You serving?  Like the song says, "... it may be the devil, or it may be the Lord; but ya' gotta' serve somebody."  Is that "somebody" a Savior or a killer?  You say, "Nobody serves a killer!"  I beg to differ  ...  Dictators are killing their own people right now in many riotous and rebelling countries  ...  And, the devil, himself, has a mission to kill, steal and destroy.  So, is the one you're serving a Savior or a killer?  Will he shut the lion's mouths for you; will he rescue you, or destroy you?  Is he waiting anxiously for you to reach out to him with "Call To Me?"


And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will
deliver you, and you will honor me."
(Psalm 50:15)

When the bombs start to fall and the ground begins to rumble, who are you going to call?  I don't know about you, but I'm calling on the One who has saved me, delivered me, stood up for me, rescued me, comforted me, preserved me, healed me, filled me, washed me, covered me, and who is coming back for me!  His name is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Great I AM, the King of Kings, the Alpha and Omega  ... He's not a wanna' be, could be or should be  ... He's MY God and He IS!

"Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on him
while he is near."
(Isaiah 55:6)

We can almost hear the pounding hooves of the four horses of the apocalypse in the Book of Revelation.  If we feel close to that event, how close are we to the Rapture of the Church, which takes place in Revelation 4:1 (see I Corinthians 15:52 and I Thessalonians 4:16-17)   The kingdom of God is rising before our eyes.  The groans of a shaking, rocking and reeling, unsteady earth are echoing through the clouds of warring angels forming lines to intervene   ... for the saved, the redeemed, the Bride of Jesus Christ!   

"Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his
thoughts.  Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on
him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon."
(Isaiah 55:7)

"Pardon" means to exempt the guilty party from punishment.  This is the essence of the Lord Jesus Christ!  He shed His own blood to pardon you and me.  No sin is beyond His forgiveness, except blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.  He died to set you and me free.  "How can I know I can be forgiven and that I can live a better life?" you ask.  When you are baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, your sins are forgiven and washed away.  Then, you will receive the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ living inside you.  When you are filled with the Holy Ghost and speak with tongues as the Spirit gives you the utterance, (Acts 2:38) you have power to stand in the throes of anything that might come against you.  When trouble, temptation, or evil knocks, send Jesus Christ to answer the door!  
 
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens 
and the earth by your great power and outstretched 
arm.  Nothing is too hard for you."
(Jeremiah 32:17)

Don't ya' love it?  Lord Jesus, "Nothing is too hard for you."  It is so wonderful to know that you are resting in the arms of Jesus through every trial, every heartache, every disaster, every fear, every threat, and every catastrophe  ...  that is, if you are?  Jesus cannot calm your seas, if He is not on your boat!  Who are you serving?  

If the Lord God of Israel can protect Daniel in a den of lions; if He can calm the raging seas by a spoken Word; if He can multiply a handful of loaves and fishes to feed thousands; if He can preserve three men in a fiery furnace to come out alive; if He can open the gates of prisons through dispatched angels and set men free  ... He can shut up the feral terrifying sounds that seek to destroy us! 

We're living in a lions' den!  There's snarling and growling around us, over us, and under us.  Everything in the world, whether it's the receiving of salvation or needing safety, the utter preponderance of protection or mighty power, being covered in the blood or with angels' wings, going under the rivers in His name or rivers flowing out in His name, dancing in His Spirit or dancing in demon blood, rebuking the forces of evil or invoking the powers of heaven, shouting Holy Hallelujah's Anyhow or singing I don't believe You brought me this far to leave me, shutting earthly lions' mouths or heeding the mouth of the Lion of Judah  ... it all has roots going back to "Before Abraham was, I AM"  ... Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, created all there is, and He can subdue, rebuke, and "save" all there is!  He is just waiting to hear: "Call To Me!"




(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment