Saturday, June 25, 2011

John 4:14

"Running On Water"


"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."  

A Samaritan woman came to the well to draw water and Jesus asked her, "Give me to drink."  She then replied that Jews don't ask Samaritans that question, because in that time the Jews had no dealings with the Samaritans.  Jesus said to her that if she knew who she was talking to, she would have asked of Him, and He would give her "living water."  

The race we're running today requires "Living Water!"  Living Water from Jesus Christ our Lord "IS" the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost.  How can we "run" without the 'spring'?  What sets our feet to dancing?  From where does the power emanate to drive us to race?  I have the answer!  "Spring Up Oh Well; Spring Up!  Do you want Joy Unspeakable and full of Glory?  Do you want peace like a river flooding your soul?  Do you want to "run" and not grow weary?  Dive into the spring  ... be filled with the well  ...  seek ye the Holy Ghost and fire!  

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills
the hungry with good things." 
(Psalm 107:9)

We should respond like Mary, the mother of Jesus, "Be it unto me according to your Word."  The Word of God says, "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead, be filled with the Spirit."  (Ephesians 5:18)  The Joy of the Lord is your strength; the peace that passes all understanding comes only from the Lord; the energy to "run" in this race against time and endure to the end requires the "Spirit," with a capital "S," meaning the Spirit of Almighty God, the Lord Jesus Christ!

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said,
streams of living water will flow from within him."
(John 7:38)

I have a question!  Who wouldn't want to be free from guilt, free from shame, free from torment, free from sin  ...  FREE?  All we have to do is ask.  It's very easy, please pray with me, "Lord Jesus, I've made a mess of my life; please forgive me of all of my sins; have mercy on me.  I believe You are my Savior; I come to You now and I give You my life, my past, my present and my future; lead me in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake; I turn around and I follow You now and forever; fill me with Your Spirit; give me Joy, peace and love.  I'll live for You, read the bible, and tell everyone I see about You; fill me with the Holy Ghost and give me eternal life, and living water!  Amen and Amen!  (Begin to praise the Lord; "I love You Lord; I worship You; I'll serve You with all of my heart."  As you praise Him, words you have never learned will come into your mind; speak them aloud; you will speak in other tongues, or another language, as the Spirit of God gives you the utterance  ... this is the Spirit of God living in you, the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ, the "living water," the "well springing up," the Holy Ghost!) 

Now, you can "RUN!"

                                                           By Sheryl Fowler

     (Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
                                                   PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment