Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Standin' On Goliath!"


David said to Saul, "Thy servant slew both the lion and the
bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them,
seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God." 
  
David said moreover, "The LORD that delivered me out of
the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he
will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine." And
Saul said unto David, "Go, and the LORD be with thee."
(I Samuel 17:36-37) 

David with Goliath's head
 
GO David!  Hey, no "uncircumcised Philistine" was going defeat one that comes in the Name of the Lord!  It only takes a slingshot if you have the Lord on your side; it doesn't matter if they're coming at you with an AK-47, a cannon, a spear, an armored tank, or an AR Drone Parrot; the Lord fights the battles of the sanctified just.  You say, "What do You know about it?"
 
It just so happens, many years ago, a man stood in front of me and he had a rifle pointed at me with the barrel against my forehead, and he was slowly pulling the trigger  ...  I was a Christian, but I was scared; I knew this man had no qualms about killing me.  I started to shake with fear, but I was calling on Jesus in my mind.  Suddenly, the Spirit of the Lord settled over me, and I felt an unbelievable calm  ...  I said, "Go ahead, because up there, I'll be with Jesus, and down here, He's with me; so either way, I win."  And, immediately after my words, God's love settled over me, and at the same time, the man started to shake uncontrollably  ...  FEAR settled all over him, and the look on his face was like he was seeing the worst horror movie possible; his fierce shaking caused him to drop the gun and he ran out!  I've always wondered what he saw; was an Angel poised with his sword drawn behind me?  Whatever it was; it scared him senseless!  I was in the Choir at my Church at that time, and I was dressed and ready to go, so I went to Church and sang  ...  I figured I had a whole lot to sing about!  No one ever knew what I had been through just a few minutes before.  It's called  ... "Standin' On Goliath!"



"What in the world does that mean, 'standin' on Goliath?" you ask.  It means you put Goliath under your feet!  What battles are You facing; what attacks from the enemy have you running and full of fear?  If You have the Lord; if You have been washed by His blood in repentance; if You have been immersed in the waters of baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ; if You are filled with His Spirit and speak in tongues as His Spirit gives You utterance  ...  YOU don't need to run  ...  face it in the name of Jesus Christ, because You are surrounded!  ... He will be with You, and You will end up conquering Your giants, even if it's with a slingshot  ...  little is much in the hands of Jesus!
 
 

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and
with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts,
  the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.  This day will the LORD
deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee;
 and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls
of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that
there is a God in Israel.    And all this assembly shall know that the LORD
saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will
 give you into our hands."
(I Samuel 17:45-47)
 
"Giants" are everywhere in our lives  ... they are the things we have no control over: diseases, job layoffs, terrible marriage problems, teenager woes, financial problems, wars and rumors of wars, unrest all around and in our country, pain, sorrow, and the list goes on and on.  Some things, we get ourselves into, and some things are just life; some things are attacks of the devil, and then, there are some things that are tests of an Almighty God.  Nevertheless, if we belong to the Lord Jesus Christ; He takes our hand in His and we will rise again.  The Bible says He will not; REPEAT: He will not put more on us than we can bear.  "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (I Corinthians 10:13)
 
We are children of the King, servants of the most high God; we are priests and levites chosen of the Lord; we are soldiers for the gospel of Jesus Christ; we are warriors of the Faith; and we come in the Name of the Holy One of Israel, the mighty omnipotent and Holy Jesus Christ!  "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."  (Hebrews 10:23)  You say, "Well, that's all well and good for You, but You don't know what I'm going through."  Hey, I'll pray for you; send me your name in the comments on this blog, and we will fight together!  I know how to fight battles; I know what it means to lose homes, husbands, jobs and to be on my last dime.  Life is tough sometimes, but we serve an Awesome God!  He is a very present help in times of trouble.  He will rescue us, hold us, carry us, deliver us, and preserve us.  Why?  Because, He died to set us free; and He's coming back for us, that where He is, we may be also  ...  He loves You and me, and all of mankind, with an everlasting love.
 

Put every "Goliath" under Your feet, by the Name of Jesus, the Blood of Jesus, and the Word of Jesus. We will win! How do we know? We've read the back of the Book, the Holy Bible, and it says we win!  This is "War!"  It's a battle of the mind, the soul, the spirit, and yes, the body  ...  satan knows he has a short time, and his ploy is always to make us think that we have no help, that God will not be there for us.  LIE!  The Lord Jesus Christ will never leave us, nor forsake us  ...  AND, He has sent His angels to bring us the victory!
 
 
 
When the Lord Jesus Christ comes for us, like a thief in the night; may He find us faithful and true, enduring to the end, head held high clad in the full armor of God, walkin' and talkin' the gospel all over this world, unwavering in doctrine and truth, filled with His Spirit and dripping with anointing oil, holy and acceptable in His sight, climbing our mountains with steadiness, bearing the vallies and deserts with dignity, and finally, we've just gotta' be ... "Standin" On Goliath!"
 
 
Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
 
Pastor Kenneth Phillips
(He stands on Goliath every day!)
 
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas
Services Sundays 10:30 am and Wednesdays 7:15 pm
~~~~~~~~~Live Streaming~~~~~~~~~
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
{Special thanks to cooltext.com for the use of
graphic text generator}






 

No comments:

Post a Comment