Friday, November 16, 2012

"Thy Word Will Not Return Void"

 
 
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
(Isaiah 55:11)


"...His word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.  I am weary of
holding it in; indeed, I cannot."
(Jeremiah 20:9)
 

Thy Word, O Lord, is like fire shut up in my bones!  One can read the Bible hundreds of times, and each time, something new comes forth in the mind and spirit of the reader.  It is The greatest book ever written; there is no situation that can occur in life that does not have an answer in the Word of God, the Holy Bible.  It was written as men were moved on by the Holy Ghost and fire ...  there's that fire again  ...    

Your word is lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Psalm 119:105
Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law.  Psalm 119:18
 
I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.  Psalm 119:16
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  John 1:1



"And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently
unto my commandments which I command you this day,
to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all
your heart and with all your soul, That I will give you
the rain of your land in this due season, the first rain
and the latter rain, and thou mayest gather in thy corn,
and thy wine, and thine oil."
(Deuteronomy 11:13-14)

Thank You, Lord!  Your Word gives hope, peace, love, comfort and prophecy!  We know what will happen to Israel from Your Word; we know the headlines before the hot presses print it; we know the end of all things; we have the blessed assurance of "escape" for the Christians; and we know what will happen to the accuser of the brethren.  We "leap" with the Joy Your Word brings  ...  Ah, Your Word, Oh Lord, is our most valuable treasure!

 
 
The Bible shows us the way to repentance: heartfelt, sincere, and sorrowful, a complete repentance to receive the Glory of the Lord, and be filled with His Spirit and speak in tongues as His spirit gives us the utterance.  Then, we are baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins (Acts 2, Acts 8, Acts 10, Acts 19); it's all in Your Word, Lord Jesus, and we obey.

"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and
floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my Spirit upon
thy seed, and my blessing upon thy offspring."
(Isaiah 44:3)
 
When the Lord Jesus Christ is your Savior, you will never thirst again!  "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:37-39) "This spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive," says verse 39.  Being filled with the Holy Ghost is refreshing, full of Glory, Joy unspeakable, beautiful beyond reason and explanation  ... It is rivers of living water  ...

Our lives are enlightened by the Holy Word of God!  Without it, we would not know the unshakable faith of Noah, building an Ark for 120 years amidst scoffing, laughter and ridicule, but he kept right on hammering; we would not know about the steel-eyed prophetic Moses, pointing and proclaiming "Let my people go;" we would have no knowledge of the ecstasy of words in the psalms of David, or his precision slingshot fired stone to the invisible bullseye on the head of Goliath; our faith would not be encouraged and boosted by the destined romance of Ruth and Boaz.

Without Your Word, O Lord, we would not know what "You have come to the kingdom for such a time as this" means from the book of Esther; Solomon's wisdom would be an unknown unfathomed pearl; Job's suffering ash heap and God's question to him, "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the world?" would be a direly missed exposition of courage under fire; we would never know of Daniel's slumber party with a den of growling hungry lions; we would have no "Don't Give Up" writings of profound words from the jail cell pen of mighty Paul; and we would have missed John's vision of "our future" while he was on the Isle of Patmos  ...  Ah, the Word of Almighty God  ... we love it; we cling to it; we absorb it; we digest it; we eat it  ...  we give it  ...

Your Word, Dear Lord, will not return void!


 

(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.)
 
Pastor Kenneth Phillips
(Sending the Word to the Nations)
 
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas
Services Sundays 10:30 am and Wednesdays &:15 pm
~~~~~~~~~Live Streaming~~~~~~~~~
 
{Special thanks to cooltext.com for the use of
graphic text generator}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment