Friday, August 19, 2011

He Whispers Sweet Peace

He Whispers Sweet Peace

When life is overwhelming, the Lord whispers sweet
peace, and my heart skips a beat
Because I hear His voice; it's the sound of comfort,
from the clouds beyond, and heaven's seat

When life's cares begin to thunder, and fears attempt
their boldface entrance 
I cling to the Word, stand fast in My Lord, and refuse
evil's ploy and debilitating hindrance

Then, the light brightens my pathway, and thrills
my soul with joyful bliss
As I thank Jesus for His mercy, and for giving me
such a blessing, as this

His beauty surrounds me, enfolds me, and caresses
me, in closeness like a glove
And I speak to Him in the Spirit, a tongue of Glory
coming down, in oceans from above

And the skies begin to open; my troubles start
to fade and dissipate 
It is something to behold, the power of God's love,
more than one can anticipate
Suddenly, I rise; I have the impetus to resume,
my orders for the enduring climb
Because the Spirit gives me strength, and the desire
for mountain air, that is Oh so sublime

So, I started on my knees in the throes of all
the troubles, and atrocity
But, the Holy Ghost took me past earth's deletions,
in a wisdom search, with curiosity

Now, standing with hands raised in adoration and praise;
 My Lord gives the mighty release
He knows all the answers, but I'm gathered in His arms,
and He Whispers Sweet Peace!

(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips) 



No comments:

Post a Comment