Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grace's Door

Grace's Door

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."  (Hebrews 4:15-16)  There's only one way to receive mercy; You have to go through "Grace's Door!"

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation
for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and
worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright,
and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our
blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great
God and Savior Jesus Christ."  (Titus 2:11-13)

The door to Grace is Jesus Christ our Lord!  It is a door of Glory, illumination, power, love, and a sound mind.  The world could use some sound minds today, couldn't it?  What's happening?  Why are people "losing it"  and hurting multitudes of strangers for no apparent reason?  They need Grace's Door; they need the Lord Jesus Christ; they need peace; they need the ONE who has all power to calm "the savage beast" and apply Grace to their tormented souls!  We all need it  ...  and we all attain it One way!  John 14:6 states, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father (or eternal Spirit) except through me."

"For the law was given through Moses; grace
and truth came through Jesus Christ."
(John 1:17)

The law of Moses came from God, and through him it was given to the Jews.  Clarke's commentary says it like this, "It was a law of shadows types and figures, and incapable of expiating sin by its sacrifices.  But Christ has brought that grace which is opposed to condemnation: and he is himself the spirit and substance of all those shadows."  In other words, the old testament only covered sins for a period of time, with the sacrifices of animals, but Jesus Christ became the "lamb" slain for the world, and His sacrifice "erased" sin forever.  When we ask Jesus to forgive our sins, He does just that and He remembers them no more! 

"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion - behold thy king
cometh unto thee; he is just and haviung salvation: he
is possessed of all power to enrich, strengthen, teach,
enlarge, and raise to glory and happiness, them who
trust in him."  (Clarke's explanation of Zechariah 9:9)

There's a whole lot behind Grace's Door!  Once you walk through it, you'll never be the same; you'll walk different, talk different, think different, work different; your friends and neighbors will look different; your nation will appear different, and your view of the world will be lovingly different!  Why?  Because, the Lord Jesus Christ makes the difference! 

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling
among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory of
the One and Only, who came from the Father,
full of grace and truth."
(John 1:14)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only Door and way to heaven.  Gill's exposition of the Bible says it beautifully: "He is the true God (speaking of Jesus Christ) and eternal life; truly and really man, as a prophet he taught the way of God in truth; as a priest, he is a faithful as well as merciful one; and as a King, just and true are all his ways and administrations: he is the sum and substance of all the truths of the Gospel; they are all full of him, and centre in him; and he is the truth of all the types and shadows, promises and prophecies of the Old Testament."  You wanna' know the bottom line?  He said "I AM,"  ... and  ...  HE IS!  

Why don't you try it?  Please pray this prayer with me:  Lord Jesus, please forgive me of all of my sins, everything I've ever done in my life to displease you.  I come as I am; I've made a mess of my life.  Give me Your mercy and grace; I want to feel Your love, Your forgiveness, and Your peace.  I will be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of all of my sins.  Please fill me with Your Spirit, and I will speak in a language I have never learned as Your Spirit enters my body.  Thank You for Your Grace; I will turn around and walk a different way; lead me and guide me; I turn my back on sin and evil.  I will read Your Word and I will be a witness for You all of my days.  Amen!

God Bless You, dear and precious one of God!  Please don't hesitate to contact promiselandchurch.net for materials to help you and you can also look up theexperience238.com.  It is wonderful, and it will explain all about being filled with the Holy Spirit. 

Welcome to Your new life in Jesus Christ our Lord!  All you had to do was walk through Grace's Door!


(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.
PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas, Pastor Kenneth Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment