Friday, March 11, 2011

Song of Solomon 2:4

BANNER OF LOVE

The Lord is my rock, my covering
and my banner
His love is eternal, of mercy, and  a
longsuffering manner
He holds me in His arms, of safety
and of love
It's the softness of velvet and gentle
as a dove
I cling to His strength, His power 
and His tenderness
As He carries me through the storms
of life's wilderness
He's the Rock of my life, and the 
center of stability
For a hungering soul, striving 
for humility
His love for this lump, this model
of clay
Is ever enduring, a surety of now, 
and for alway
His name is Jesus, my Christ and 
my Lord
He's One to be extolled, magnified 
and adored
He stands in the portals and watches
from above
Wafting down answers on a banner
of love.
                                                                     By Sheryl Fowler

(Visit promiselandchurch.net and theexperience238.com.  PromiseLand Church,
Austin, Texas, "Austin In Love," Pastor Kenneth Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment