Monday, February 14, 2011

                    
                A Valentine For Jesus

Today, from coast to coast, the candy, flowers, love notes and cards are flowing in abundance.  It's wonderful to see, but what about the One who gave the greatest Love of all, Jesus Christ, our Lord.  Where are His flowers, candy, and cards?  We can't give Him candy and flowers, as such, but we can give Him a heartfelt Love Note, so here it is!

Dear Jesus:  In the saddest and most hurtful times of my life, You whispered sweet peace and You sent the brush of angels' wings to caress my face.  When the world was falling down around me, with health problems and troubles so terrible that even a burly club bouncer would cry, You told me to sing!  Sing, imagine that? I had a restricting respiratory infection; I had hurt my back and was in unbearable pain.  If that wasn't enough, we were going before Grand Jury trials every day to prosecute someone who had criminally hurt my family.  And, You said to SING that incredible chorus, "This is the day that the Lord hath made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it."   As bad as things were, I struggled and mustered the strength to sing that song and You know what? It lifted my spirit!  You have always been there for me, Jesus, since the night I received Your Spirit at the World of Pentecost on 51st Street in Austin, Texas, on March 2, 1977.  You've carried me through tragedy, terror and despair; You've been my Joy, my love and yes, my husband.  You have stood up for me, protected me, loved me, sheltered me, and made me feel so safe, just like a good husband would do.  I love You, Jesus, and I will spend all of my days loving You.  I long to see Your face, to kneel at Your feet, to whisper sweet nothings in "Your" ear.  My fervent prayer, my dear Lord, is that the whole world will love You and serve You.  Oh, the Joy they are missing.  Just the fragrance of Your presence, the beauty of Your whispers, the ecstasy of Your touch, are so beyond description that I fret to find the words to convey the essence of You.  If they could just know You, feel Your love, and experience Your Spirit, they would be forever changed and they would experience the "Wonder" of their entire existence.  So, Lord Jesus, this is my Valentine to You today, sent with all my love to the Love of my life, and not just for today but forever and ever. 
I'm Yours! Love, Sheryl

(Visit promiselandchurch.net.  PromiseLand Church, Austin, Texas)

No comments:

Post a Comment